SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021 @ 10:30 A.M.
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment. Any members of the public attending the in-person meeting will be required to wear a mask and to observe a six-foot social distance from others. This altered format is in observance of the recommendation by local officials that precautions be taken to address the threat of COVID-19.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 972-8310-8347
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. Call to Order
B. Flag Salute
C. Roll Call
D. Approval of Agenda
E. Public Comment
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for
discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Reports
2. Interim Director Report
a. ACEs Grant Activities
b. IMPACT/QCC/PDGR Grant Activities
c. FY 2021-2022 Contracting
3. Business Manager Report
a. Budget to Actuals Fiscal Report: YTD through 5-30-21
G Approval of Minutes
1. Action Item: Approve Commission Meeting Minutes for May 10, 2021.
H. OLD BUSINESS
1. Discussion: Commission to discuss and consider approval of the
Executive Director Job Description.
I. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and determine hiring process and timeline for Executive Director position.
2. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approving FY 2021-2022 Contract with Toddler Towers for daycare and preschool instruction for children 0-5 in the amount of $45,000.
3. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approving FY 2021-2022 Contract with Christa Ketchum Daycare for daycare and preschool instruction for children 0-5 in the amount of $24,960.
4. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approving FY 2021-2022 Contract with Sierra County Child Abuse Council for family resource supports for families of children 0-5 and for safety instruction and materials for children 0-5 in the amount of $23,350.
5. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approving FY 2021-2022 Contract with Michele Milazzo for yoga instruction for children ages 2-5 in the amount of $2,950.00.
J. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on Monday, July 12, 2021, at 10:30 A.M., virtually. Access information will be posted on the First 5 Sierra website.