REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2022 @ 1:00 P.M.
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment. Any members of the public attending the in-person meeting will be required to wear a mask and to observe a six-foot social distance from others. This altered format is in observance of the recommendation by local officials that precautions be taken to address the threat of COVID-19.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. STANDING ORDERS
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services, and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others.
c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
· Roll Call
· Approval of Agenda
B. Public Comment OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
2. Executive Director Report
a. Contracts, Mini-grants updates
b. Music Together updates
c. Business Manager Performance Evaluation
d. Planning Calendar
3. Business Manager Report
a. Bank Reconciliation – June and July 2022.
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on June 23, 2022
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 to continue discussion of ED review and contract.
2. Action item: Approve Employment Agreement: Executive Director. Consideration and approval of Executive Director Employment Agreement with Candy Corcoran.
3. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider acting on the election of a Commission Chair and Vice-Chair for FY 2022-2023.
4. Discussion/Action item: Commission to discuss and consider First 5 employees COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) policy.
F. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting will be held on October 20, 2022, at 1:00 P.M.