REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2022 @ 1:00 P.M.
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884 or visit our website www.first5sierra.org.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. STANDING ORDERS
• Call to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services, and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others.
c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
• Roll Call
• Approval of Agenda
B. PUBLIC COMMENT OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
2. Executive Director Report
a. State deliverables and reporting
b. Music Together
c. Parenting Training
d. Meeting calendar 2023
3. Business Manager Report
a. Bank Reconciliation – October and November 2022.
b. Budget Vs Actual as of November 30, 2022.
B. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on October 20, 2022
C. NEW BUSINESS
1. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 to continue discussion of First 5 Sierra pay scale.
2. Action item: Commission to adopt First 5 Sierra pay scale.
3. Public Hearing: SCCFC Annual Audit review as of June 30, 2022. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to hear public comment on the findings reported in the Sierra County Children and Families Commission Annual Audit as of June 30,2022, pursuant to Health Code Section 130140(d)(2).
4. Action item: Adopt SCCFC Annual Audit as of June 30, 2022.
5. Public Hearing: SCCFC Annual Report FY 2021-2022. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to hear public comment on the Sierra County Children and Families Commission Annual Report July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022, pursuant to Health Code Section 130140(d)(2).
6. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of updated travel policy.
D. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on February 16, 2023, at 1:00 P.M