SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021 @ 10:30 A.M.
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment. Any members of the public attending the in-person meeting will be required to wear a mask and to observe a six-foot social distance from others. This altered format is in observance of the recommendation by local officials that precautions be taken to address the threat of COVID-19.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 997 0934 8890
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. Call to Order
B. Flag Salute
C. Roll Call
D. Approval of Agenda
E. Public Comment
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item
not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
F. Public Hearing
1. First 5 CA Annual Report: Commission to receive public
comment and approve the Strategic Plan.
1. Commissioner Reports
2. Interim Director Report:
a. Strategic Plan Implementation
b. ACEs Grant Activities
c. IMPACT/QCC Grant Activities
1. Business Manager Report
a.Budget to Actuals Fiscal Report: YTD through 4-30-21
b. Discussion of COVID related fiscal supports
H. Approval of Minutes
1. Action Item: Approve Special Meeting Minutes of November 16, 2020
2. Action Item: Approve Special Meeting Minutes of March 22, 2021
3. Action Item: Approve Special Meeting Minutes of April 28, 2021
I. OLD BUSINESS
1. Discussion: Commission to discuss and consider approval of Contract for Alicia
Barney to support IMPACT/QCC Mentorship for FY 2021-2022.
2. Discussion: Commission to discuss and consider approval of the purchase (in an
amount not to exceed $2,000) of computer for Executive Director.
3. Discussion: Commission to discuss and consider approval of the First 5 Sierra
Strategic and Long-Range Financial Plan 2021-2024
J. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approving an increase to
the Administrative Cost Limit to 35%.
2. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of the FY
3. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of a Release of
Application (RFA) process for FY 2021-2022 Funding.
4. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of augmented
contract (in an amount not to exceed $1,500) with Musica Sierra.
5. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of payments (in
an amount not to exceed $3,500) related to Summer Swim services.
K. ADVANCED PLANNING
A special meeting is being proposed for Monday, May 24th at 10:30 am to review and approve Executive Director Job Description and recruitment process. The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on Monday, June 14, 2021, at 10:30 A.M., virtually. Access information will be posted on the First 5 Sierra website.