REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2022 @ 1:00 P.M.
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884 or visit our website www.first5sierra.org.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. STANDING ORDERS
• Call to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services, and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others.
c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
• Roll Call
• Approval of Agenda
B. PUBLIC COMMENT OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
a. Pay scale matrix planning
2. Executive Director Report
a. State deliverables and reporting
b. Music Together
c. Baby Formula
3. Business Manager Report
a. Bank Reconciliation – August and September 2022.
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the closed meeting held on July 21, 2022
2. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on August 25, 2022
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. Announcement of Sally Easley as a new Sierra County Children and Families Commission member.
2. Discussion/action item: Commission to discuss and approve pre-school subsidies policy update.
3. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider acting on the election of a Commission Chair and Vice-Chair for FY 2022-2023.
4. Action item: The Commission will take action to accept the member resignation of Vickie Clark
F. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on December 15, 2022, at 1:00 P.M.