SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
Monday, August 16, 2021 @ 9:00 A.M.
VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment. Any members of the public attending the in-person meeting will be required to wear a mask and to observe a six-foot social distance from others. This altered format is in observance of the recommendation by local officials that precautions be taken to address the threat of COVID-19.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. Standing Orders
• Call to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services,
and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others.
c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
• Roll Call
• Approval of Agenda
B. Public Comment Opportunity
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
2. Executive Director Report
a. Initial activities
b. Budget report draft
3. Business Manager Report
a. Revenue and expenditures for the month of July
b. Update on annual audit
c. Contracts update
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on July 12, 2021
2. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on July 19, 2021
3. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on July 26, 2021
E. OLD BUSINESS
1. Discussion and Possible Action: Commission to discuss and take action on Business Manager Contract
F. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Action: Commission to approve preschool subsidies for fall semester (Sept-Dec) not to exceed the
amount of $12,000.
2. Action Item: Commission to approve of adding Chair Commissioner Jessica Norman and new Executive Director
Candy Corcoran as signers on Plumas Bank operating account.
3. Action Item: Request for authorization to acquire a debit card for Executive Director Candy Corcoran.
4. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider action to fix the ongoing problem of the conditioning/
heating system at Toddler Towers.
5. Action Item: Commission to discuss and consider approving FY 2021-2022 contract with Musica Sierra Contract in
the amount of $6,976.80
6. Discussion/ Action: Consortia community outreach for the western side of Sierra County.
7. Discussion/ Action: Commission to discuss upcoming meetings schedule.
G. ADVANCED PLANNING: The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on Monday, September
20, 2021, at 9:00 A.M., at the Loyalton City Hall Auditorium, 605 School Street, Loyalton, California.