REGULAR MEETING AGENDA SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION Thursday, February 17, 2022 @ 1:00 P.M. VIRTUAL MEETING LOYALTON, CALIFORNIA
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8915531504?
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. STANDING ORDERS
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services, and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others. c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
· Roll Call
· Approval of Agenda
B. Public Comment OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
2. Executive Director Report
a. Playground balls distribution
b. Impact Program
c. FY 22-23 planning: subsidies, contracts, reserve
3. Business Manager Report
a. Revenue and expenditures for the months of December 2021 and January 2022.
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on December 16, 2021
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Direction: Discussion and direction regarding renewal of the Master Crime Program for an estimated amount of $4,600.
2. Discussion/Action: Commission to approve preschool subsidies for spring semester (Jan-Jun) not to exceed the amount of $44,000.
3. Presentation/Discussion: Presentation and discussion of the Employee Handbook draft.
4. Action item: Approval of the Sierra County Children and Families Commission meeting Calendar 2022.
F. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on March 17, 2022, at 1:00 P.M.