REGULAR MEETING AGENDA SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION Thursday, June 23, 2022 @ 1:00 P.M. VIRTUAL MEETING LOYALTON, CALIFORNIA
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8915531504?
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. STANDING ORDERS
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services, and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others. c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
· Roll Call
· Approval of Agenda
B. Public Comment OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
2. Executive Director Report
a. FY 21-22 highlights and challenges
b. IMPACT 2020/QCC/PDG-R and SPCFA
c. Mini-Grants and contracts, FY 22-23
3. Business Manager Report
a. Bank Reconciliation – April and May 2022.
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on April 14, 2022
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. Action Item: Commission to discuss and consider approval of mini-grants FY 22-23
2. Action Item: Commission to discuss and consider approval of contracts FY 22-24
3. Action Item: Commission to discuss and approve Mentoring Services Contract for up to $3,500 from July 1st, 2022 through June 30, 2023 with Alicia Barney to support First 5 Impact Program
4. Public Hearing: Sierra County Children and Families Commission Strategic Plan. Commission to receive public comment on the Strategic Plan
5. Action item: Commission to approve revised Strategic Plan 2021-2024
6. Public Hearing: First 5 California’s Annual Report FY 2020-21 The purpose of the Public Hearing is to hear public comment on First 5 California’s Annual Report FY 2020-21
7. Discussion/action item: Commission to discuss and consider approval of augmented pre-school subsidies rate from $23 dollars per day to $25 per day
8. Discussion/action item: Commission to discuss and consider distribution of $5,000 COVID-19 funds to ECE workers
9. Discussion/Action item: Commission to discuss and approve SCCFC Budget FY 22-23
10. Discussion/Action item: Commission to discuss and consider Candy Corcoran’s contract extension through 30 August, 2022
11. Discussion/Action item: Commission to discuss and consider First 5 employees pay scale
12. Discussion/Action item: Commission to discuss and consider First 5 employees COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) policy
13. Action item: The Commission will take action to accept the member resignation of Anne Reugebrink
14. Discussion/Action item: Commission to discuss and consider application to CALPERS