REGULAR MEETING AGENDA SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION Thursday, February 17, 2022 @ 1:00 P.M. VIRTUAL MEETING LOYALTON, CALIFORNIA
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8915531504?
Meeting ID: 891 553 1504
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. STANDING ORDERS
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Review Mission Statement & Ground Rules
MISSION STATEMENT: Effectively invest in early child development, family strengthening services, and systems change efforts.
a) Show mutual respect and trust.
b) All ideas are valid. We agree not to attack, downplay or belittle the ideas of others. c) Seek to understand the position of others.
d) Stay focused on the topic at hand.
e) Do not be redundant.
f) Have fun!
· Roll Call
· Approval of Agenda
B. Public Comment OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Report
2. Executive Director Report
a. Kindergarten Roundup/ Dental Fair
b. Calpine outreach
c. Insurance renewals, annual state reports and surveys, heating.
3. Business Manager Report
a. Bank Reconciliation - February 2022.
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on February 17, 2022
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. Action item: Approval of termination of the Master Crime Program insurance policy for an estimated amount of $4,600.
2. Discussion/Action: Commission to approve dissemination of information about Pfizer vaccine for small children (6 months-4 years old).
3. Action item: Approval of applying for a license with Music Together.
4. Action Item: Approval of bathroom expansion at the Sierra Kids building.
5. Action Item: Approval of payment to Integrity Heating & Air to replace the air conditioning/heating unit at Toddler Towers in the amount of $14,400, increased from original bid of $13,700.
6. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider acquiring new printer for the First 5 Sierra office.
7. Presentation/Discussion: First reading of the Employee Handbook draft.
F. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on April 14, 2022, at 1:00 P.M.