REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
THURSDAY, AUGUST 17, 2023 @ 1:00 P.M.
Sierra County Children and Families Commission will meet in regular session in the First 5 Sierra Office located at 701 Main St. Loyalton, CA. If you would like a copy of any item on the agenda, please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884 or visit our website www.first5sierra.org.
Accommodations for individuals with a disability, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Federal Rules and Regulations adopted in implementation thereof, can be made with the Executive Director prior to the meeting. The Executive Director may be reached at 530-993-4884 or at the following addresses: Candy Corcoran First 5 Sierra Executive Director 701 Main St P.O. 556 Loyalton, CA 96118 email@example.com
A. STANDING ORDERS
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Roll Call
· Appointment and Oath of Office
· Approval of Agenda
B. Public Comment OPPORTUNITY
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for discussion or action on this agenda.
C. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes from the regular meeting held on June 15, 2023
1. Commissioner Report
a. Finance Committee report
b. Pay Scale and Benefits Committee report
2. Executive Director Report
a. SPCFA, HVG, Impact Legacy, QCC and PDG-R updates
b. Music Together, Musica Sierra, Family Resource Center.
c. Preschool backpacks and Spanish enrichment program.
d. State reports coming (Annual Performance report, Annual Report Data System, QCC annual report)
3. Business Manager Report
a. Business Manager Report
b. Bank Reconciliation – June and July 2023.
c. Cash in County – Period end June 30th, 2023
E. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider acting on the election of a Commission Chair and Vice-Chair for FY 2023-2024.
2. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and approve Regular Meeting Schedule 2023-2024.
3. Discussion/Action: Commission to approve increasing Business Manager position from 0.3FTE to 0.4 FTE effective date 07/01/2023.
4. Action Item: Commission to approve Home Visiting Grant Agreement between First 5 Sierra County and First 5 Sacramento County for the amount of $93,203, effective date commence as of July 1, 2023 and end on June 30, 2025.
5. Action Item: Commission to approve Music Together Services Contract for up to $600 from August 23rd, 2023 through November 11th, 2023 with Ileana Vokel.
6. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and approve the Music Together Program for FY 23-24, services and materials not to exceed the amount of $10,000 as part as the community grants budget.
F. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on October 19, 2023, at 1:00 P.M