SIERRA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES COMMISSION
MONDAY, JULY 12, 2021 @ 10:30 A.M.
In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the commission, in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at 701 Main Street, Loyalton, California, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any item on the agenda please contact First 5 Sierra at (530) 993-4884.
As authorized by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order, N-25-20, dated March 12, 2020, the meeting will be conducted both in-person and virtually, accessible at the above address, on the internet, or by telephone. Members of the public will be able to join the webcast (instructions below) and shall have the right to observe and offer public comment. Any members of the public attending the in-person meeting will be required to wear a mask and to observe a six-foot social distance from others. This altered format is in observance of the recommendation by local officials that precautions be taken to address the threat of COVID-19.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 919 6440 1699
Dial: 669 900 6833
A. Call to Order
B. Flag Salute
C. Roll Call
D. Approval of Agenda
E. Public Comment
The public has an opportunity at this time to comment on any item not printed for
discussion or action on this agenda.
1. Commissioner Reports & Correspondents
2. Interim Director Report
a. ACEs Grant Activities
b. IMPACT/QCC/PDGR Grant Activities
c. Revised Strategic Plan
d. Revised Budget 2021-2022
3. Business Manager Report
a. Budget to Actuals Fiscal Report: YTD through 6-30-21
b. Expenditure Detail Report
c. June Bank Reconciliation Report
G Approval of Minutes
1. Action Item: Approve Commission Meeting Minutes for June 14, 2021
1. Action Item: Approve Commission Meeting Minutes for June 22, 2021
H. OLD BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider action needed in Executive Director search. This may include authorization of expenditures that exceed the current cap of $500 for administrative purposes.
I. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of augmented contract with Social Entrepreneurs Inc. for continued administrative support in the amount of $17,507.50.
2. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider approval of augmenting the Business Managers hours to 16 hours per week for FY 2021-2022.
3. Discussion/Action: Commission to discuss and consider acting on the election of a Commission Chair and Vice-Chair for FY 2021-2022.
J. ADVANCED PLANNING
The next regular meeting of the Sierra County Children’s and Families Commission will be held on Monday, August 9, 2021, at 10:30 A.M., virtually. Access information will be posted on the First 5 Sierra website.
Items that are anticipated for the July meeting includes:
• Musica Sierra Contract for FY 2021-2022
• Revised Strategic Plan
• Revised FY 21-22 Budget (to include preschool subsidies)